English Service | 09:30am – 10:45am
Children’s Worship | 09:30am – 10:45am
Sunday School | 11:30am – 12:30pm
in-person and on zoom1
| Saturday 4:00pm – 5:15pm3
| Sunday 11:30am – 12:45pm3
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm3
1 In combination of online or in-person until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Suspended until further notice.
3 Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Community prayer is online every Wednesday, 7:30pm via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at www.VCEFC.org/1033/prayer
- COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- Welcome! If you’re new to our worship service, welcome to our church! You are invited to stay for snacks and refreshment at the Fellowship Hall after today’s service. If you like us to connect with you, please email us at email@example.com so that someone from the care team can reach out to you.
- Pastor Jonathan Ng’s mother, Kitty Ng’s burial service will be held on Friday, January 27, 2:00 p.m. at Sunnyside Cemetery (14850 28th Avenue, Surrey, V4P 1P3v). Her Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, January 28, 1:00 p.m. at Vancouver Chinese Evangelical Free Church.
- Winter Sunday School Semester has begun. The two courses being offered are “The books of Ruth and Jonah” being taught by Pastor Joe, and “Revelation” by YC Ip, More information will be on the church website. Please go to the website to register.
- You can download our bulletin and reflection questions for today’s service either through the QR code on screen or through the church’s website at VCEFC.org.
- 2023 Elected
Chair – Patrick Chan
Co-Chair / Treasurer – Chung Yan Ip
Secretary – Ada Lam
Missions – Christina Lai
Christian Education – Herbert Lee
Chair – Yeda Hong
Vice-Chair – Nancy Luk
Secretary – Jessie Ng
Evangelism Department – Nancy Luk, Sarah Chan
Fellowship Department – David Chan
Membership Department – Jessie Ng, Keith Kwan
Sunday School Department – Joel Yung
Worship and Sacred Music Department – Arthur Wan, Cherry Ngai
Chair / Treasurer – Geoffrey Chum
Vice-Chair, Small Groups and Fellowships – Lawrence Tung
Small Groups, Worship – Ivan Wan
Worship – Darren Lau
Secretary, Fellowships – Deborah Lum
Care – Jonathan Chan
Worship – Darren Lau
Evangelism, Mission – Pastor Joseph Yu
Mandarin Ministry Committee Chair – Allyn Tung
Personnel Committee Chair – Martin To
- Are you looking for ways to exercise your gifts and to serve the Lord in our church community? We invite you to go to our church’s website to take a look at the descriptions of the various service opportunities available and instruction on how to get involve in our ministry teams. The direct link is https://vcefc.org/1033/serve
- A message from the Evangelical Free Church District: An urgent need for help has arisen for a mom from the Terrace, BC area whose son (26) is in ICU at Vancouver General Hospital. Dawn has been in a hospital room with her son every day., but sadly, she is not allow to stay with him overnight in the ICU room. She has reached out looking for a place to stay. If you know someone who might have a furnished room that she can rent…or a room where she might just be able to sleep at night because she spends the rest of her time with her son. Please contact Pastor Joe at Hello@vcefc.org
- The Church Administrator position has been posted in the career section of the church website and with some selected Christian education institutions.
- News from VCEFC Critical Response Team – Changes to VCEFC Safety Protocols starting April-8.
• No capacity limits of worship services and meetings at church facilities. Individual ministry teams (e.g. children’s worship, Awana Club, etc.) can still set their own capacity limits as they see fit.
• No requirement of pre-registration for in-person worship services.
• No requirement of checking proof of vaccination at all gatherings.
• No requirement of providing contact information when visiting church.
• Mask wearing remains mandatory for everyone 5 years or older.
• Anyone tested positive for Covid-19 or have symptoms of Covid must stay home for 10 days, with no fever and symptoms subsides.
- For ministries, fellowships and small groups to have meetings in Church, please inform the office by email at least one week ahead to book rooms. Room availability can be checked in our website. Please click “Room Booking” under “Contact Us” in the main menu.
- In addition to the regular prayer meetings on Wednesday, we invite you in praying for Mission and Evangelism on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 to 8:30pm.
- Community prayer time will resume back to meeting every Wednesday night at 7:30. Join us in praying as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
- Small groups and Fellowships are available for all ages and life stages, from teens through college, adults and career, all the way to retired seniors. For more information on our various fellowships and small groups please visit our church website under the “Get Connected” section on the menu tab, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ESC going to launch a discipleship program for the congregation through our small groups. It is a 8 weeks program called “Organic Disciples: Seven Ways to Grow Spiritually and Naturally Share Jesus”. It is designed to help us take steps toward spiritual maturity in the areas of Bible engagement, passionate prayer, whole heated worship, humble service, joyful generosity,
consistent community, and organic outreach. It integrates personal devotionals, small groups studies and a sermon series. It includes a Spiritual Growth assessment and intentional
discipleship with the intention to help the congregation grow spiritually and be able to share the faith with others.
- Welcome Team for Hong Kong Newcomers has recently been established in order to welcome and show hospitality to both fellow Christians and friends who immigrate or return to Canada from Hong Kong. If you have family or friends who have recently moved to or are planning to move to Vancouver, looking for church or some assistance, please feel free to contact Pastor Job Chan (email@example.com) or Yeda Hong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/100847038934841/
- ONLINE OFFERING: At this time you have the option to give your offering in person or through Interac e-transfer. You can also mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- CONTACT US: We know that this can be a difficult and distressing time for some. If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
- PRAYER ITEMS: Click Here
- Please pray that during the application review process that the PSC continues to be sensitive to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
- Please also pray for the pastoral candidates themselves as they undergoing the application review process that they continue to receive discernment and encouragement to where God is leading to serve next.
- Please email your prayer requests to Pastor Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating if they are private or to be posted.
- Join us every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm to pray as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
Office Hours: Tue – Sun, 9 am – 4:30 pm