English Service | 09:30am – 10:45am
Children’s Worship | 09:30am – 10:45am
Sunday School | 11:30am – 12:30pm
in-person and on zoom1
| Saturday 4:15pm – 5:30pm2
| Sunday 11:30am – 12:45pm2
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm2
1 In combination of online or in-person until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Community prayer is online every Wednesday, 7:30pm via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at www.VCEFC.org/1033/prayer
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- Welcome! If you’re new to our worship service, welcome to our church! You are invited to stay for snacks and refreshment at the Fellowship Hall after today’s service. If you like us to connect with you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that someone from the care team can reach out to you.
- Based on the recommendation from the VCEFC Critical Response Team and the approval from the Church Board, the mask mandate is changed from mandatory to recommended starting on April 1. Due to the health and comfort of the others, please consider wearing a mask when there is a mass gathering. Continue to stay at home if you are not feeling well.
- ESC Easter Celebration Lunch: April 9th 12:35 at the Fellowship Hall. Tickets price $10, available at the Fellowship Hall starting today after worship service.
- Please join us for our new Adult Sunday School semester at 11:30 in room 3 and 4 upstairs. The two classes being offered are “How to Interpret the Bible by Hansel Wang” and “Revelation II” by Y. C. Ip. Please check the bulletin or website for the full course description.
- Neighbourhood Coffee Ministry. The purpose of this ministry is to serve our neighbours, get to know our neighbours, and be a welcoming presence in the community. We’ll be setting up a table at the front of the church to serve coffee, juice, water, and some light snacks. The tentative dates are April 2, July 9, Sep 24 from 1:30 – 3:30pm. The organizing committee is hoping to get 2-3 ESC members to serve on each occasion. If you are interested please let us know at http://www.vcefc.org/1033/serve
- If you wish to be baptized this Easter please contact Pastor Joe directly or email the
church at email@example.com.
- “Save the date: Summer Conference 2023 – July 1 to July 3, Trinity Western University. Details to follow.”
- Are you looking for ways to exercise your gifts and to serve the Lord in our church community? We invite you to go to our church’s website to take a look at the descriptions of the various service opportunities available and instruction on how to get involve in our ministry teams. The direct link is https://vcefc.org/1033/serve
- The disastrous earthquake at Turkey and Syria on February 6, 2023 resulted in the loss of countless lives. Please pray for the victims and rescue work. The Church Board has decided to donate $10,000 each to World Vision Canada and the Evangelical Free Church of Canada (EFCC), totalling $20,000 for earthquake relief. EFCC is partnering with a Turkish Christian relief organization called First Hope Association to support the rescue work. If you would like to donate to the relief work through VCEFC, please indicate “Earthquake Relief” and the amount on the donation envelope. The church will issue donation receipts and donate the funds to World Vision Canada and EFCC on your
- Join our Organic Discipleship program through our small groups. It is a 8 weeks program designed to help us take steps toward spiritual maturity in the areas of Bible engagement, passionate prayer, whole heated worship, humble service, joyful generosity, consistent community, and organic outreach.
- ESC Afternoon of Board Games and Table Tennis on March 19th at 2pm in the fellowship Hall. We want to invite everyone at our ESC family to join us for an afternoon of games and snacks. It will be a great opportunity for us to have fun with and to get to know others in your congregation. Please bring a snack or dessert to share.
- Stanford Hung’s Celebration of Life. Saturday, March 11, 2023. 2:30 PM PT – 4:00 PM at Fraser Lands Church (3330 S.E. Marine Drive Vancouver, BC V5S 4R8)
- You can download our bulletin and reflection questions for today’s service either through the QR code on screen or through the church’s website at VCEFC.org.
- A message from the Evangelical Free Church District: An urgent need for help has arisen for a mom from the Terrace, BC area whose son (26) is in ICU at Vancouver General Hospital. Dawn has been in a hospital room with her son every day., but sadly, she is not allow to stay with him overnight in the ICU room. She has reached out looking for a place to stay. If you know someone who might have a furnished room that she can rent…or a room where she might just be able to sleep at night because she spends the rest of her time with her son. Please contact Pastor Joe at Hello@vcefc.org
- The Church Administrator position has been posted in the career section of the church website and with some selected Christian education institutions.
- News from VCEFC Critical Response Team – Changes to VCEFC Safety Protocols starting April-8.
• No capacity limits of worship services and meetings at church facilities. Individual ministry teams (e.g. children’s worship, Awana Club, etc.) can still set their own capacity limits as they see fit.
• No requirement of pre-registration for in-person worship services.
• No requirement of checking proof of vaccination at all gatherings.
• No requirement of providing contact information when visiting church.
• Mask wearing remains mandatory for everyone 5 years or older.
• Anyone tested positive for Covid-19 or have symptoms of Covid must stay home for 10 days, with no fever and symptoms subsides.
- For ministries, fellowships and small groups to have meetings in Church, please inform the office by email at least one week ahead to book rooms. Room availability can be checked in our website. Please click “Room Booking” under “Contact Us” in the main menu.
- In addition to the regular prayer meetings on Wednesday, we invite you in praying for Mission and Evangelism on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 to 8:30pm.
- Community prayer time will resume back to meeting every Wednesday night at 7:30. Join us in praying as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
- Small groups and Fellowships are available for all ages and life stages, from teens through college, adults and career, all the way to retired seniors. For more information on our various fellowships and small groups please visit our church website under the “Get Connected” section on the menu tab, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Welcome Team for Hong Kong Newcomers has recently been established in order to welcome and show hospitality to both fellow Christians and friends who immigrate or return to Canada from Hong Kong. If you have family or friends who have recently moved to or are planning to move to Vancouver, looking for church or some assistance, please feel free to contact Pastor Job Chan (email@example.com) or Yeda Hong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/100847038934841/
- ONLINE OFFERING: At this time you have the option to give your offering in person or through Interac e-transfer. You can also mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- CONTACT US: We know that this can be a difficult and distressing time for some. If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
PRAYER ITEMS: Click Here
- Please pray that during the application review process that the PSC continues to be sensitive to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
- Please also pray for the pastoral candidates themselves as they undergoing the application review process that they continue to receive discernment and encouragement to where God is leading to serve next.
- Please email your prayer requests to Pastor Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating if they are private or to be posted.
- Join us every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm to pray as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
Office Hours: Tue – Sun, 9 am – 4:30 pm