English Service | 09:30am – 10:45am
Children’s Worship | 09:30am – 10:45am
Sunday School | 11:15am – 12:30pm
in-person and on zoom1
| Saturday 4:15pm – 5:30pm2
| Sunday 11:30am – 12:45pm2
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm2
1 In combination of online or in-person until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Community prayer is online every Wednesday, 7:30pm via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at www.VCEFC.org/1033/prayer
- COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- Welcome! If you’re new to our worship service, welcome to our church! You are invited to stay for snacks and refreshment at the Fellowship Hall after today’s service. If you like us to connect with you, please email us at email@example.com so that someone from the care team can reach out to you.
- ESC Christmas Lunch : ESC will celebrate with a Christmas Luncheon on our 3rd Sunday Gathering (December 17, 12:30 pm) Cost: $15. There will be crafts, Christmas carol singing, and optional white elephant gift exchange. Please register after worship service in the fellowship hall.
- All ministries are requested to email their 2023 annual report to the admin office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: December 20 (Wednesday). If you need translation, please submit it before December 13th.
- Newly elected board and congregational committee members for 2024
- Yeda Hong
- Keith Kwan
- Nancy Luk
- Jessie Ng
- Selwyn Luk
- Alan Ng
- Ronne Wan
- Please note that the underground parking is reserved for seniors and families with babies/toddlers on Sundays. And to make sure you do not park at the back lane or on our neighbours’ property.
- Sunday School Class:
– Church History II: Protestant Reformation and Theology by Pastor Joe Yu The Protestant Reformation was one of the major epochs in European history. It began in 1517 with the publication of Martin Luther’s Ninety-Five. It changed people’s way of looking at themselves and the world, it led to wider European literacy, and eventually forced governments to grant religious freedoms. More importantly in our Sunday school context, it impacted our view of the role and relation between the Church and individual believers, as well our theology about faith and salvation.
– How to Interpret the Bible II by Hansel Wang
As an extension to the general principles and guidelines that govern the interpretation process for the Bible. This “Part II” course explores the specific rules for the interpretation of different literary types, such as narrative, prophecy, epistle, apocalypse, etc., in both the Old and New Testament.
- After over many months of searching, waiting and praying, the Church Board is pleased to announce that Ms. Patsy Wong, recently immigrated from Hong Kong, has accepted the position of Administrator of our Church. Patsy comes to us with a wealth of administrative experiences—over 18 years of church administrator experience, and another 10+ years of accounting experience. She
will be responsible for the operations of the Administration Department: the administrative, maintenance, and janitorial services. Her official start date will be Tuesday December 5, 2023. Please offer her your warmest welcome!
- The Church Board is pleased to announce that Ms Cheryl Hung, recently immigrated from Hong Kong, has accepted the position of Interim Church Ministry Assistant of our Church. Cheryl will be assisting the pastoral team to carry out their pastoral responsibilities in areas of administration, coordination and management of various church ministry activities. Cheryl has 20 years of experience handling a variety of church duties such as serving on the deacon board, managing and completing various planning and administrative duties. Her official start date will be Tuesday November 21, 2023. Please offer Cheryl your warmest welcome!
- Open Gym for the church: 3pm-5:30 every 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month at Vancouver Christian School (Entrance through the front garage gate).
- As the church continue to grow, we have noticed that more and more brothers and sisters in church may share the same first and last names. Please make sure to include your phone number (or mailing address) on the Offering Envelop or on the Remarks Section for e-transfer to avoid confusion on your Donation Slip.
- In the event that your contact information has changed (i.e. address, telephone number, or email address), please contact the church office to update the directory.
- Based on the recommendation from the VCEFC Critical Response Team and the approval from the Church Board, the mask mandate is changed from mandatory to recommended starting on April 1. Due to the health and comfort of the others, please consider wearing a mask when there is a mass gathering. Continue to stay at home if you are not feeling well.
- Are you looking for ways to exercise your gifts and to serve the Lord in our church community? We invite you to go to our church’s website to take a look at the descriptions of the various service opportunities available and instruction on how to get involve in our ministry teams. The direct link is https://vcefc.org/1033/serve
- You can download our bulletin and reflection questions for today’s service either through the QR code on screen or through the church’s website at VCEFC.org.
- For ministries, fellowships and small groups to have meetings in Church, please inform the office by email at least one week ahead to book rooms. Room availability can be checked in our website. Please click “Room Booking” under “Contact Us” in the main menu.
- In addition to the regular prayer meetings on Wednesday, we invite you in praying for Mission and Evangelism on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 to 8:30pm.
- Community prayer time will resume back to meeting every Wednesday night at 7:30. Join us in praying as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
- Small groups and Fellowships are available for all ages and life stages, from teens through college, adults and career, all the way to retired seniors. For more information on our various fellowships and small groups please visit our church website under the “Get Connected” section on the menu tab, or email us at email@example.com .
- Welcome Team for Hong Kong Newcomers has been established in order to welcome and show hospitality to both fellow Christians and friends who immigrate or return to Canada from Hong Kong. If you have family or friends who have recently moved to or are planning to move to Vancouver, looking for church or some assistance, please feel free to contact Pastor Job Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Yeda Hong (email@example.com). Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/100847038934841/
- ONLINE OFFERING: At this time you have the option to give your offering in person or through Interac e-transfer. You can also mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- CONTACT US: If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
- PRAYER ITEMS: Click Here
- Please pray that during the application review process that the PSC continues to be sensitive to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
- Please also pray for the pastoral candidates themselves as they undergoing the application review process that they continue to receive discernment and encouragement to where God is leading to serve next.
- Please email your prayer requests to Pastor Joe (email@example.com) indicating if they are private or to be posted.
- Join us every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm to pray as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
Office Hours: Tue – Sun, 9 am – 4:30 pm