English Service | 09:30am – 10:45am
Children’s Worship | 09:30am – 10:45am
Sunday School | 11:30am – 12:30pm
in-person and on zoom1
| Saturday 4:15pm – 5:30pm2
| Sunday 11:30am – 12:45pm2
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm2
1 In combination of online or in-person until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Community prayer is online every Wednesday, 7:30pm via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at www.VCEFC.org/1033/prayer
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- Welcome! If you’re new to our worship service, welcome to our church! You are invited to stay for snacks and refreshment at the Fellowship Hall after today’s service. If you like us to connect with you, please email us at email@example.com so that someone from the care team can reach out to you.
- On behalf of the Church, the Board would like to thank Pastor Johnny Mak for his Pastoral leadership in the past 3 years, as he retires on June 1st. Pastor Johnny has made a tremendous impact on those he has cared for and served with throughout his time at VCEFC and his Pastoral leadership will be dearly missed by everyone here at this church. Please join us in wishing him a fruitful, blessed, and relaxing retirement life.
- Our Church will be hosting a Joint English Ministries Worship & Prayer Night on June 10th @ 7:15pm Save the date for a night for a powerful night of praise and prayer! Friends from CCWC (Winter Conference) and various churches across the Lower Mainland are invited!
- 2023 Summer Conference “Let the Church be filled with Joy”: July 1st to 3rd at TWU.
Regular registration ends this Sunday May 28 – last chance to join! Please register online https://forms.gle/5tEAT2R1kmXxt1Ba9 or fill in a physical form. Payment through e-transfer or a cheque is required. Please refer to the Summer Conference poster or church website “News” for
details, and contact admin staff for inquiries.
Consequent to inquiries from CSC, MSC and ESC, a day camp has now been arranged. We welcome brothers and sisters to join us for a day camp on Sunday July 2. The fee will be $50 for people aged 12 and above, and $30 for children aged 6 to 11, including lunch and dinner, meter parking ($8) extra. Day Camp registration form is attached for your information. Printed copies will be available this Sunday. Day camp forms with payment will be accepted on June 4 and 11, no online registration nor e-transfer.
The church has decided that since the last conference was over 8 years ago, we would like to encourage more people to attend by further subsidizing the rates to what was charged in 2015.
Registration: Adult: $190, Teen (12 – 18): $145, Children (6 – 11): $120, 5yrs and under: free
- Our Church will be hosting a Joint English Ministries Worship & Prayer Night on June 10th @ 7:15pm. Speaker: Dr. Gordon T. Smith “Do You Love Jesus”. – Save the date for a night for a powerful night of praise and prayer! Friends from CCWC (Winter Conference) and various churches across the Lower Mainland are invited!
- Please join us for our new Adult Sunday School semester at 11:30 in room 3 and 4 upstairs. The two classes being offered are “How to Interpret the Bible by Hansel Wang” and “Revelation II” by Y. C. Ip. Please check the bulletin or website for the full course description.
- “Summer Learning in Community” will start June 4th. This will be a course on prayer, using the Lord’s Prayer as our guide. In this class, teacher and author Albert Mohler shows that although the pattern of prayer Jesus provides is few in words, it is massive in meaning. The Lord’s Prayer reflects true theology and proper doxology and is a perfect guide for our prayer life. This course will be a series of video teachings, small group discussion and the practice of prayer facilitated by Pastor Joe.
- As the church continue to grow, we have noticed that more and more brothers and sisters in church may share the same first and last names. Please make sure to include your phone number (or mailing address) on the Offering Envelop or on the Remarks Section for e-transfer to avoid confusion on your Donation Slip.
- In the event that your contact information has changed (i.e. address, telephone number, or email address), please contact the church office to update the directory.
- Based on the recommendation from the VCEFC Critical Response Team and the approval from the Church Board, the mask mandate is changed from mandatory to recommended starting on April 1. Due to the health and comfort of the others, please consider wearing a mask when there is a mass gathering. Continue to stay at home if you are not feeling well.
- Are you looking for ways to exercise your gifts and to serve the Lord in our church community? We invite you to go to our church’s website to take a look at the descriptions of the various service opportunities available and instruction on how to get involve in our ministry teams. The direct link is https://vcefc.org/1033/serve
- The disastrous earthquake at Turkey and Syria on February 6, 2023 resulted in the loss of countless lives. Please pray for the victims and rescue work. The Church Board has decided to donate $10,000 each to World Vision Canada and the Evangelical Free Church of Canada (EFCC), totalling $20,000 for earthquake relief. EFCC is partnering with a Turkish Christian relief organization called First Hope Association to support the rescue work. If you would like to donate to the relief work through VCEFC, please indicate “Earthquake Relief” and the amount on the donation envelope. The church will issue donation receipts and donate the funds to World Vision Canada and EFCC on your
- You can download our bulletin and reflection questions for today’s service either through the QR code on screen or through the church’s website at VCEFC.org.
- A message from the Evangelical Free Church District: An urgent need for help has arisen for a mom from the Terrace, BC area whose son (26) is in ICU at Vancouver General Hospital. Dawn has been in a hospital room with her son every day., but sadly, she is not allow to stay with him overnight in the ICU room. She has reached out looking for a place to stay. If you know someone who might have a furnished room that she can rent…or a room where she might just be able to sleep at night because she spends the rest of her time with her son. Please contact Pastor Joe at Hello@vcefc.org
- The Church Administrator position has been posted in the career section of the church website and with some selected Christian education institutions.
- For ministries, fellowships and small groups to have meetings in Church, please inform the office by email at least one week ahead to book rooms. Room availability can be checked in our website. Please click “Room Booking” under “Contact Us” in the main menu.
- In addition to the regular prayer meetings on Wednesday, we invite you in praying for Mission and Evangelism on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 to 8:30pm.
- Community prayer time will resume back to meeting every Wednesday night at 7:30. Join us in praying as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
- Small groups and Fellowships are available for all ages and life stages, from teens through college, adults and career, all the way to retired seniors. For more information on our various fellowships and small groups please visit our church website under the “Get Connected” section on the menu tab, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Welcome Team for Hong Kong Newcomers has been established in order to welcome and show hospitality to both fellow Christians and friends who immigrate or return to Canada from Hong Kong. If you have family or friends who have recently moved to or are planning to move to Vancouver, looking for church or some assistance, please feel free to contact Pastor Job Chan (email@example.com) or Yeda Hong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/100847038934841/
- ONLINE OFFERING: At this time you have the option to give your offering in person or through Interac e-transfer. You can also mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- CONTACT US: If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
PRAYER ITEMS: Click Here
- Please pray that during the application review process that the PSC continues to be sensitive to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
- Please also pray for the pastoral candidates themselves as they undergoing the application review process that they continue to receive discernment and encouragement to where God is leading to serve next.
- Please email your prayer requests to Pastor Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating if they are private or to be posted.
- Join us every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm to pray as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
Office Hours: Tue – Sun, 9 am – 4:30 pm